How does your warranty work?
We offer a limited Lifetime Warranty. The instrument is covered 100% for Manufacturer defects. This will be determined by Kanile`a after visually inspecting the `ukulele. This applies to the first purchaser. The warranty is non transferable. You must provide receipt of purchase. If purchased from a dealer please contact the dealer directly. They will assist you further. Please refer to terms and conditions, Limitation on Obligations and Claim Procedures.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Terms and Conditions. KANILE`A warrants solely to the original purchaser of this KANILE`A musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another. This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to wear and tear to or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to tuning devices or finish, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or finish; (b) to asserted defects or damage caused by modification, misuse, neglect, abuse, accidents, acts of nature, or improper maintenance of the instrument or its parts (KANILE`A reserves the exclusive right to make such determination of misuse, modification, or neglect based on inspection by KANILE`A); (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, including subjective opinions regarding tonal characteristics of the instrument or grain characteristics or colors of woods; (d) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood or damage to the instrument’s finish caused by accident or exposure to changes in or extreme instances of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts, acids, or other corrosive substances, `ukulele straps, or `ukulele stands or hangers which cause harm to the instrument; (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized KANILE`A dealer; (f) to setups, adjustments, or any routine maintenance; (g) to any instrument whose serial number is missing, altered, or tampered with in any fashion; or (h) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument which has had work performed on it by or has been otherwise repaired or modified by a technician or repair person other than a KANILE`A certified technician.
- Limitation on Obligations. THE OBLIGATIONS OF KANILE`A HEREUNDER ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OF THE INSTRUMENT FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL KANILE`A BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TIME, WAGES OR LOST PROFITS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND OR FOR DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. In addition, KANILE`A reserves the right to modify, refine, or improve its instruments, parts and pickup systems, including making mechanical refinements and wood species substitutions, without incurring any responsibility to modify, exchange, replace or repair any parts or products to meet prior specifications. This limited warranty does not cover circumstances beyond KANILE`A’s control. This warranty does not apply when failure is due to shipping damage, accident, alteration, modification, unauthorized service, misuse, abuse, use with incompatible accessories or attachments. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY OF KANILE`A `UKULELE WITH REGARD TO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS ONLY AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE.
- No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of KANILE`A with regard to the KANILE`A products identified in the preceding paragraph. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of any KANILE`A musical instrument or related product. NO representation or warranty made by any KANILE`A salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon KANILE`A other than as set forth herein.
- Claim Procedures. Unless the original purchaser is notified in writing that repairs and service under this Limited Warranty may be made by an authorized KANILE`A dealer, claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by the original purchaser sending the instrument to KANILE`A `UKULELE at 46-216 Kahuhipa St. #3 Kaneohe, HI 96744 to the Attention of the “Repair Department”. Shipping and insurance must be prepaid by the purchaser. The purchaser also must include any permits required for export of the `ukulele from purchaser’s country, prepaid by purchaser, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect and photographic or other documentary evidence requested by KANILE`A; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned. Please call Customer Service prior to shipping your ‘ukulele. If you fail to contact KANILE`A prior to shipping your `ukulele, the package may be rejected and returned to the sender. KANILE`A shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned by KANILE`A to the original purchaser, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. Or the purchaser may opt for KANILE`A to repair the instrument at the shop repair rate of $125/hour of service, and the instrument shall be returned with repairs, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser.
- Legal Remedies. Depending upon the state in which you reside, you may have additional legal remedies available under the applicable Commercial Code or Consumer Warranty laws