KĀNEʻOHE, HAWAIʻI – Kanileʻa ʻUkulele factory tours are suspended until further notice. The retail store on Kahuhipa Street in Kāneʻohe will also be closed. This decision was made for the health and safety of our visitors and our employees.
“We are grateful for the public’s understanding,” said Lina Langi, who takes care of Public and Artist Relations for the company. “We understand this may put a damper on visitors who traveled from afar to vacation in Hawaiʻi. At the same time, we feel it important to comply with health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).”
The public is being asked to take necessary steps to protect themselves and others by observing a few critical steps:
- Clean your hands thoroughly and often
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
To learn more, please click on this link to the official website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Kanileʻa ʻUkulele Virtual Experience
There are still ways to connect virtually with Kanileʻa ʻUkulele by clicking on the links below:
- YouTube channel: enjoy incredible performances by Kanileʻa artists, listen to samples of world-class instruments and enjoy a virtual shop tour by co-owner and master luthier Joe Souza
- Facebook: experience up-to-date pictures and video of instruments, comment on your favorites and connect with our Kanileʻa team in real time
- Instagram: just like Facebook, but it’s all about the pics, videos and IGTV
- Shop Kanileʻa: while tours have been suspended, your opportunity to own a handcrafted, quality ʻukulele has not! Check out our online shop for all your ʻukulele and accessory needs
About Kanileʻa ʻUkulele:
Joe and Kristen Souza are the dynamic husband-wife team who founded Kanile`a `Ukulele in July of 1998. Joe apprenticed under master luthier Peter Bermodez in 1990 and still continues to collaborate with “uncle Pete” to integrate traditional Hawaiian building techniques with today’s 21st century technologies. This mash up of old and new has proven effective in creating a full-bodied, rich sound that is distinctive of these playable masterpieces. All Kanile`a instruments are handcrafted in the Souzas’ hometown of Kāne`ohe, Hawai`i. Kristen oversees administrative operations, retail sales and dealer support. Together, the Souzas employ a team of expert artisans, retail salespeople and admin staff members. For more info, call (808) 234-2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.